Website Toyota Motor Europe
Company general information
TOYOTA is one of the world’s largest automobile manufacturers and a leading global corporation. Founded in 1937. Toyota now sells vehicles in 170 countries and employs over 300.000 people.
Based in Brussels, Belgium, and staffed by 2.700 people and more than 60 nationalities, Toyota Motor Europe (TME) handles the wholesale marketing of Toyota and Lexus vehicles, parts & accessories, and manages Toyota’s European R&D, manufacturing and engineering operations.
The fuel cell and battery team in the Advanced Technology Division in Toyota Motor Europe is responsible for the research and development of new materials, production, equipment and analytical technologies for automotive Proton Exchange Membrane fuel cells and Li-ion batteries.
In particular, fuel cells generate electricity by an electrochemical reaction in which oxygen and hydrogen combine to form water. Unlike internal combustion engines, the fuel is not combusted, the energy instead being released electrochemically. This allows fuel cells to be highly energy efficient.
The fuel cell team aims at searching and integrating European unique and advanced technology into the final product and strengthen Toyota image in Europe.
They are now offering a position to identify and verify the technical feasibility of fuel cell technologies, especially considering the Membrane-Electrode-Assembly component.
The activity may include:
* Benchmark state of the art technology in the specific field
* Identify promising technology by cost and process analysis
* Assess and confirm the feasibility of the technology
* Manufacture real samples and test them in real conditions
* Identify technology gaps and issues, suggest solutions and improvement
* Master student in final year (preferably: Chemical / Electrochemical / Materials Engineering)
* Good knowledge in electrochemistry and material science
* Flexible team player
* Open personality able to work in an independent way, hands-on mentality
* Basic computer skills: (MS Office and database)
* Fluent in English, any other European language is a plus
* Owner of a driving license
Place of employment
Toyota Motor Europe (Zaventem-Belgium)
Starting date: September 2019
Duration: 6 months
Confidentiality: Due to business requirement, not all performed projects can be reflected in the internship report. This issue needs to be discussed with candidate/school in advance.
It is mandatory that applicants are students for the entire period of the internship. Interested in this internship, please apply online via www.toyotajobs.com.
To apply for this job please visit www.toyotajobs.com.