DNV GL Energy delivers world-renowned testing and advisory services to the energy value chain. Our expertise spans gas and electricity production, network and storage infrastructure, sustainable energy use, as well as energy markets and regulations. Our experts support industry operators, regulators and policy makers around the globe.
As a consultant for Energy Storage:
As a consultant Energy Storage, you will be doing diverse technical content work in energy storage projects for customers, for about 70% of your time. In most projects, you will work in a team with colleagues with a different levels of experience and/or backgrounds; in some projects, you will manage the project team. Additionally, you will support energy storage business development, interacting with customers and working with colleagues to get new projects.
Your primary challenges will be:
- Executing energy-storage-related projects, including (depending on customer needs and your background and preferences):
- technical due diligence
- independent / owner’s engineering
- modelling / data analysis
- feasibility studies
- workshops / courses, etc.
- lab test supervision
- Managing small and medium-sized energy storage related projects
- Preparing and giving presentations at events and customer meetings
- Supporting business development activities
- Supporting senior consultants in business development
- Preparing proposals to win new projects
- Extending our external network and finding project opportunities
- Building strong relationships with external customers – gathering and following through new leads to clear proposals and contractual agreement
- Meeting new customers and presenting DNV GL services professionally
- Tracking and responding to new industry/market developments
- Building an internal network to gain and share knowledge and opportunities
What we expect from you
- Master’s degree in an energy-sector-related study
- 0-4 years of work experience, preferably related to the energy sector or energy technologies
- Strong analytical skills
- Understanding of the energy transition, the role of energy storage in transmission and distribution systems, and the technical aspects of this role and of various energy storage technologies themselves
- At least 1 year knowledge/prior involvement in energy storage systems and applications, as well as industry contacts, are a pro
- Available to travel nationally (about 1 day per week) and internationally (about 4-6 times per year)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
- Basic verbal and written communication skills in Dutch (higher level is a pro)
- Dynamic and enthusiastic team player
- Quick analysis and rational judgement
- Effective communication – in a clear, precise and structured way
- Networking – builds a useful network of contacts and relationships
- Delivery and results – within scope, time and budget, going the extra mile if needed
Join us and you will:
- Work in an inspiring environment with dedicated and highly engaged technical colleagues,
- Get to work in and around some of the largest and most well-known companies. Nearly every TSO and DSO today is aiming at incorporating and developing their storage infrastructure and DNV GL loves to meet those needs for our clients
- Experience exciting challenges and a new way of thinking in the ever-changing energy world,
- Be able to continuously develop yourself through challenging work complimented with our tailored training plans and our continuous investment in people and technology,
- Have an exciting and attractive working environment which you can actively shape
- Enjoy permanent employment and associated benefits.
Do you need any more information, or have questions about this position? Feel free to contact Novy Fracnis at email@example.com!
To apply for this job please visit careers-dnvgl.icims.com.